Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Above the Clouds

The last week has been amazing.  In town, the trees have been covered in frost and the roads have been frozen.  At my house, which is 13 miles out of town, the sun has been shining and its clear blue skies!  Almost every morning, I go walking to clear my mind and give myself time to contemplate life and all its intricacies.  The weather has inspired me during these walks.  I see sun rays dancing through clouds and the earth waking up.  Living above the clouds for the past week and then driving down into the mist and frozen land has shown me some things about myself and this time of changing old patterns.  The "get fit challenge" is also getting me mentally and spiritually fit and changing me in ways I didn't expect.    

In life, especially during times of great change and transformation, there is always a shift in perception.  How we look at the world, our families, and our life situations can change if we are open to seeing things in a new light.  Over  the past week I would talk to people about the weather in town, and a lot of people were "over it."  I would tell them drive up out of town five miles and you will see the sun!  This is such a great representation of how I feel sometimes.  I will be stuck in a mindset or over think an issue without realizing there is a solution or at least a change in viewpoint if I would just sit back, breathe, and be open to releasing my own agenda.

I had set some goals for myself in regard to my fitness last week, and well...........they didn't all happen like I wanted.  I was able to work qi gong in to my routine quite easily.  However, increasing my yoga to four times a week has not happened yet.  It's ok though, I know I'm on the road.  This week my goal is to do yoga twice, woohoo!  I'm also signed up for a yoga workshop this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to.  I'm hoping it sparks my practice back into gear.

My diet has been really strong.  I started juicing over the last week (add ginger and tumeric for warmth), and I'm feeling strong boosts of energy.  My digestion has felt great.  I've had a few days of fatigue from detoxing, but I just take a detox bath and my energy returns.  I cannot emphasize enough how important deep abdominal breathing is when changing diet, exercise, and life style.  The breath will take you all the way home to yourself!

If your making changes, stay strong and be compassionate with yourself!  Feel free to comment below if you like.  I love hearing from you!  Our website, www.twosistershealing.com, is always a resource for more information.   Invest in yourself- eat healthy, exercise, and think gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment